Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. The number serves as proof of identity and address, anywhere in India.
What is the meaning of e Aadhar card?
e-Aadhaar is a password-protected electronic copy of Aadhaar, which is digitally signed by the competent Authority of UIDAI.
How can I check my Aadhar card status?
Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status by Enrollment Number
- Enter your enrollment id and date and time.
- Enter the security code.
- Click on Check status Post this, you will get the status of your Aadhaar generation.
Is Aadhar valid for a PAN card?
PAN Aadhaar linking is mandatory. A resident can voluntarily use his Aadhaar number in physical or electronic form by way of authentication or offline verification, or in such other form as may be specified by UIDAI.
How can I get my Aadhar card online?
Follow these steps for Aadhar card download:
- Step 1: Visit Aadhaar website Step 2: Enter your full name and either your registered e-mail ID or mobile number and the security code.
- Step 3: Click the “Send OTP ” button.
How can I link my mobile number with an Aadhar card online?
- Step 1: Visit the telecom operator's website.
- Step 2: Enter the mobile number to be linked, verified, or re-verified with Aadhaar.
- Step 3: OTP sent to the registered mobile number.
- Step 4: Enter OTP and click on “Submit” to proceed further.
- Step 5: A consent message would then be displayed on the screen.
How can I update my Aadhar card?
- Click on the 'Proceed to Update Address' link.
- Login with Aadhaar.
- Select option to ' Update Address via Secret Code'
- Enter Secret Code.
- Review the new address and submit.
- Note your Update Request Number (URN) shown on the screen.
How can I register my mobile number on an Aadhar card by SMS?
Send SMS from registered mobile number to 1947 to get OTP. The SMS must be sent in the format: GETOTP Last four digits of the Aadhaar number. For example, if your Aadhaar number is 1234 5678 4321, then SMS will be sent as GETOTP 4321.
How can I change my Aadhar card address without proof?
Go to the UIDAI website, and follow the steps mentioned there. Under the 'My Aadhaar' tab select the 'Request Aadhaar Validation Letter'. Step 2: You will be redirected to the Request for Address Validation Letter page. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16-digit Virtual ID, mention the captcha details.
Can we link Aadhar with a mobile number in the bank?
The account holders can also get their Aadhaar linked with their bank account via SMS. However, only a few banks provide this facility. ... The SMS has to be sent through your registered mobile number, that is, the number from which you send the SMS has to be pre-registered with the bank.
Can 2 Aadhar have the same mobile number?
Yes, one mobile number can be linked with multiple Aadhaar cards.
How long does it take to link your mobile number to Aadhar?
Usually, it takes 2-5 working days for the update to happen, however, according to the UIDAI helpline it can take as many as 10 days. While linking your mobile number with Aadhaar has to be done offline when you do it the first time, if you want to update your number you can do it online.
How can I update my mobile no in Aadhar card online?
No, the Mobile number is not updated online. To update your mobile number, you can visit the nearest Permanent Enrollment center. No, your Aadhaar number will remain the same throughout even after an update. In case you are using the online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) method of Updation, you need to upload the scan of the original documents.
Customer support service by UserEcho